Research (Tiny Useful Secrets)
2008 - Aggregate Music
Personnel: Gregg Bendian - drumset, prepared drumset, marimba, bowed vibraphone, glockenspiel, crotales, bongos, snare drum, multiple percussion
Recorded live in Europe, Los Angeles & New York from 1994-2004.
Ten years in the making, Research (Tiny Useful Secrets) is a CD of ten groundbreaking, innovative percussion works composed and performed by Gregg Bendian. The 70-minute disc features music for drumset, prepared drumset, marimba, vibraphone, bowed vibraphone, and many expansive percussion set-ups. Each piece is dedicated to an important inspiration in Gregg's artistic life:
- Suspend & Disperse (for Zakir Hussain) prepared drumset
- Crosshatching (for Iannis Xenakis) two bongo drums
- Danbury (for Charles Ives) bowed vibraphone & glockenspiel
- One Million?(for Max Roach) drumset
- Red Nova?(for Red Norvo)?marimba
- for Steve McCall?(my teacher & friend)?snare drum
- Mixture?(for Olias) multiple percussion
- Billowing Segments?(for Edgard Varese) drumset
- Frame The Invisible?(for Arshille?Gorky)?vibraphone & crotales
- Japan?(for Alex Cline) multiple percussion?
COMPOSED & PRODUCED BY GREGG BENDIAN
AVAILABLE VIA MAIL ORDER:
Please send $15 in check, cash or money order (European orders send $20) to:
PO Box 3158
Teaneck NJ 07666-9180
Or order online from Wayside Music.
This CD From Wayside Music